COLLABORATIVE COUPLE THERAPY INTENSIVE
Two Days with Dan Wile in a Small Group Setting
Dan Wile, developer of Collaborative Couple Therapy, has been offering two-day intensives on his approach. Here are the new dates:
Nov 7-8, 2015 (Sat & Sun), Oakland, CA
The purpose of this intensive is to present the principles of Collaborative Couple Therapy and to equip participants to begin to use doubling—the signature method of this approach—in their own therapeutic work. When you double, you speak as if you were one of the partners talking to the other. Much of the workshop is devoted to role-play demonstrations. We stop the action at various points in the role plays to discuss what the therapist feels about each partner, the immediate therapeutic problem, and strategies for dealing with it. Participants who wish to do so will have an opportunity to take a turn as the therapist. CE hours available.
During this intensive, you will learn how in your couple therapy work to:
- Help partners find their voice
- Turn fights into intimate conversations
- Create a vantage point above the fray
- Empathize with the less likeable partner
- Appeal to partners as consultants in dealing with the problems that arise in the therapy
Comments by past participants about the intensive
- I enjoyed the opportunity to practice the methods in a small group setting. Dan made the group feel safe and supportive. Everyone was encouraged to participate and build on each other’s thoughts.
- A wonderful balance between challenge and support.
- I loved the one-on-one attention Dan gives each participant. It’s a “private conversation” that we’re all privy to. There is so much learning that is embedded in all aspects of this very thoughtful intensive.
- The intensive will live on in my heart and mind for the rest of my career.
- Dan has a remarkable ability to reflect one partner’s concerns while taking those of the other partner into account. He is also an amazingly empathic therapist and I picked up a lot through osmosis.
- The most profound approach I have come across in my 33 years as a psychologist.
- I never knew what time it was and never cared. It was totally engrossing.
Dan Wile, PhD, ABPP, has had thirty years experience as a couple therapist. He has published on psychotherapeutic theory as well as couples therapy, has taught at several graduate programs in the San Francisco Bay Area, gives professional workshops on couples therapy throughout the United States and internationally, and is author of Couples Therapy: A Nontraditional Approach, After the Honeymoon, How Conflict Can Improve Your Relationship, and After the Fight: Using Your Disagreements to Build a Stronger Relationship.
In his book, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, John Gottman, Ph.D., a leading researcher in marital therapy, writes about Daniel Wile: “I love Wile’s writing and thinking. They are entirely consistent with many of my research findings. I think that Wile is a genius and the greatest living marital therapist. I am blessed to have been able to exchange ideas with him.”
Accreditation – 12 CE Credits/Hours
Collaborative Couple Therapy Seminars is approved by the California Psychological Association (CPA) to provide continuing professional education for psychologists. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now accepts CPA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs and MFTs. Collaborative Couple Therapy Seminars maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
Out of state MFTs, LCSWs, psychologists, counselors, and other professionals. CEUs provided by RCassidy Seminars.
Hours on each day: 9am-4:30pm
For information, Contact Dan. To register, please fill out the registration form (below) and send a check for $500 ($450 early bird rate if I receive it by Sept 1) for the two-day training (or $300 ($250 early bird rate if I receive it by Sept 1) if you are a student or intern) to Dan Wile, 6119 Acacia Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618. We meet at this address (my home/office). I will email acknowledgement of your registration and information about local hotels (and bed & breakfasts) and directions how to get here.
REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE COLLABORATIVE COUPLE THERAPY INTENSIVE – Nov 7-8, 2015
License type______________________ License # __________________State_______________